The AML Statistical Modeller will support the development of leading edge AML models for transaction monitoring, name matching, watch-list monitoring and customer risk scoring. The role provides input to the framework for model development that would further improve the discipline. This position carries responsibility for the timely and accurate development of AML models. The testing, reviewing and validation activities include but is not limited to assisting technical writers with model documentation, following the AML and Enterprise Modeling Governance standards; stating key assumptions, including qualitative and expert judgment, logic and conceptual soundness; conducting various tests.
• Assess the quality of the data for model development as well as inputs to models;
• Accomplish AML Program objectives through the effective oversight and support of critical AML models;
• Properly identify report and escalate issues which may impact the AML Office resulting from lack of model performance, functionality or changes within critical applications;
• Perform first level review and analysis of issues or escalations received from other areas within the AML Office;
• Provide recommendations to improve monitoring systems and capabilities based on identified risk and control gaps;
• Assist in preparing materials required for Audits and Exams;
• Assist in the evaluation of projects and initiatives across BMO to properly identify areas of impact concerning critical AML models;
• Scope of Scenarios & Parameters Change: Amend existing AML parameters;
• Scope of Scenarios & Parameters Design: Design of component parts;
• Integration Complexity: Single/few impacted systems or applications;
• Time span of longest component part: 6 to 9 months;
• Managerial Leadership: N/A;
• Provide and recommend actions to mitigate risk and use judgment-based decision-making regarding AML policies and procedures.
• Use and access confidential information related to customer information, product and financial information while adhering to corporate standards for dealing with that type of data. The role has an impact on maintaining the Bank's reputation through the ML/TF electronic monitoring, detection and reporting of suspected money laundering, organized crime and terrorist financing.( Collapse )