• Assess the quality of the data for model development as well as inputs to models;
• Accomplish AML Program objectives through the effective oversight and support of critical AML models;
• Properly identify report and escalate issues which may impact the AML Office resulting from lack of model performance, functionality or changes within critical applications;
• Perform first level review and analysis of issues or escalations received from other areas within the AML Office;
• Provide recommendations to improve monitoring systems and capabilities based on identified risk and control gaps;
• Assist in preparing materials required for Audits and Exams;
• Assist in the evaluation of projects and initiatives across BMO to properly identify areas of impact concerning critical AML models;
• Scope of Scenarios & Parameters Change: Amend existing AML parameters;
• Scope of Scenarios & Parameters Design: Design of component parts;
• Integration Complexity: Single/few impacted systems or applications;
• Time span of longest component part: 6 to 9 months;
• Managerial Leadership: N/A;
• Provide and recommend actions to mitigate risk and use judgment-based decision-making regarding AML policies and procedures.
• Use and access confidential information related to customer information, product and financial information while adhering to corporate standards for dealing with that type of data. The role has an impact on maintaining the Bank's reputation through the ML/TF electronic monitoring, detection and reporting of suspected money laundering, organized crime and terrorist financing.
Cross Functional Relationships
• AML Team (CAMLO Office, FIU, Enterprise AML Modeling and Data Governance)
• Product Groups
• Line Of Business' (AMLRO's)
• Model Risk Vetting Group
• Technology & Operations
• Degree in a quantitative discipline in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or MBA or other quantitative field.
• In-depth technical development skill and sound knowledge of advanced technology concepts.
• 3 years' experience using SAS and big data.
• Deep understanding of specialized technical/business processes within the banking industry.
• Good knowledge of Bank products, services, organization and interrelationships.
• In-depth knowledge of Financial Crimes, including current ML/TF behaviors.
• In-depth knowledge of Statistical Analysis and Human Behavior Modeling.
• Knowledge of Data Mining Tools.
• In-depth knowledge of parametric and non-parametric statistical techniques.
• Analytic Thinking In-depth
• Data Mining & Modeling In-depth
• Problem Solving In-depth
• Information Management In-depth
• Applied Innovation Working
• Risk Management Working
• Project Management Working
• Managerial Leadership Working
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.